If you are in need of muffler service in the Tri-Cities, GRiP TiRE & Automotive in Port Moody would be happy to help!
Knowing when you may need muffler or exhaust service can sometimes be difficult to detect; so we want to unpack that for our readers with these 5 signs.
5 Signs You Need Muffler or Exhaust Service
Some signs that may indicate you may need muffler or exhaust service include the following…
- Loud noises: One of the most obvious signs that your muffler or exhaust system is in need of repair is if your vehicle is producing unusually loud noises while driving. This could be a sign that there is a leak in the exhaust system or a problem with the muffler.
2. Reduced fuel efficiency: If your vehicle is suddenly getting lower gas mileage than usual, it could be a sign that your exhaust system is not functioning properly. This is because a damaged exhaust system can cause your engine to work harder, which can lead to decreased fuel efficiency.
3. Vibrations: If you notice vibrations in your vehicle while driving, it could be a sign that there is a problem with the exhaust system. This is because a damaged exhaust system can cause the engine to vibrate, which can be felt throughout the vehicle.
4. Strong odors: A strong odor of exhaust fumes inside or outside the vehicle can be an indication of a leak in the exhaust system. This is not only a potential health hazard but can also lead to failing emissions tests.
5. Warning lights: If the check engine light or any other warning lights on your dashboard come on, it’s a good idea to have your vehicle checked by a professional mechanic. These lights can indicate a problem with the exhaust system, among other things.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to have your muffler or exhaust system checked by a professional mechanic – which we are here to help with!
Muffler Service in the Tri-Cities
As mentioned on our service page…
Keeping your exhaust system in good repair helps improve fuel efficiency, reduce cabin noise, reduces emissions and protects you and your passengers from carbon monoxide exposure.
Curious to know more? Stop by our shop or give us a call today, our staff has the diagnostic equipment and expertise to make your visit as simple as possible!